Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

Print Friendly and PDF


I love grab-n-go pancakes.  It's the simplicity of the ingredients and flavour I enjoy.  And these healthy, hearty gluten-free pancakes  keep me satisfied for hours!  My day starts before 5:AM, and even though eating healthy grains is important, I'm not always up for cooking up a fresh batch of hot cereal.  I want to make it from wake up to out the door as quickly as I can, so  I pack up these pre-made pancakes with some almond butter and apple sauce for dipping.  After my morning jog over to the office, this breakfast is delicious with my hot cup of coffee!  It's easy, no-fuss, perfect for a busy mom's schedule. 

oatmeal pancakes
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, for frying
  1. Combine all ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes. 
  2. Preheat 1 tablespoon oil in pan or griddle, over medium-high heat.
  3. Add half batter by spoonfuls and cook about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Repeat with other half of batter.
  4. Pancakes will get a little fluffier as they are cooking.  I like them 1/2 inch thick when cooked.
  5. Serve hot or at room temperature.
   Makes 2 servings

Tip: If you like a smoother texture, mix your batter in the blender before letting it sit.



No comments: