Sunday, October 21, 2012

Roasted Vegetables

Print Friendly and PDF
Roasted Autumn Vegetables

The reason I love fall so much is all the colours that come with it.  The colours are plentiful outside on our trees and shrubs that turn to their autumn colour.  We can also bring the beautiful colours of fall in our kitchen!  This time of year produces delicious root vegetables.  It's so easy to chop some up and pop them in the oven.  Here's just one of the many root vegetable medleys I've made so far this year.

This one has sweet potatoes, beets and onions.  I leave the skins on all my vegetables, it adds so much flavour to roasted vegetables.  I tossed them generously in olive oil, added fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.  Baked in 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes, stirring them around twice.  Simply delicious!

Use whatever you have: butternut squash(I don't leave the skins on this one!), potatoes, yams, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, the possibilities are endless.  This way of roasting vegetables is no fuss!!!

No comments: