Thursday, October 17, 2013

Green Egg Scramble

Print Friendly and PDF


Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox day #1... This breakfast came together so quickly, having a warm, delicious breakfast is only a few minutes away.

Soya sauce and eggs - a flavour combination I've loved since my mom first made it many moons ago.  If you haven't tried this yet, you will be pleasantly surprised.

During the twelve days of detoxing, some days are tougher than others.  What I find works for me is keeping it simple but also delicious.  If my food is boring, I won't stick with it, but I also don't want to spend all my time slaving away for each meal.  The good news is, it doesn't always have to be a planned recipe.  Combine ingredients you already have in stock.   Any veggies you have will work in this recipe: peppers, zucchini, onions...  The trick up my sleeve on this one is the Bragg's liquid soy seasoning, which gives eggs a new twist!  (Bragg's tastes very similar to soya sauce, but unlike soya sauce, it is allowed on the D-Tox)

green egg scramble

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 large handfuls chopped spinach
2 eggs, beaten
Bragg's soy seasoning

  1. Heat frying pan to medium.
  2. Melt butter and fry pepper for about 3 minutes.
  3. Add garlic and cook for another couple minutes, until the garlic just starts to get some colour.
  4. Add spinach and cook until wilted, stirring often.
  5. Add eggs and a good squirt of Bragg's.  
  6. Stir until eggs are cooked through.
  7. Enjoy!


No comments: