Saturday, January 12, 2013

Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox - Day 2

Print Friendly and PDF Day # 1 of the D-Tox done and it was quite easy.  I didn't find it difficult to follow the eating plan and I slept really well last night: playing outside in a snowstorm last night probably helped that!

I allow myself the maximum 2 cups of coffee in the morning, as per the D-Tox.  It really helps to boost my energy when I get to work in the morning.  Maybe one day I'll cut it out, but enjoying it for now.

DAY 2

Breakfast
oatmeal w/fruit & nuts (see yesterday's breakfast)
note: If you haven't tried these yet, you need to buy the Organic Power Berries Blend from Superstore.  They are in the "frozen fruit" section, not in the "health food" section.  The blend is cherries, blueberries and blackberries, simply delicious!  Eat them whole on hot cereal or yogurt.  Blend them up to make a sweet berry syrup or use the fruit in smoothies.

Lunch
triple b (1 serving)
1 cup brown rice, cooked
2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
1/2 cup black beans, cooked
sauce: 2 tablespoons Bragg's Soy Seasoning & 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes

If I haven't pre-made my lunches, I basically grab whatever I have in the fridge that will be quick.  This morning, I grabbed some leftover brown rice and cooked broccoli from the fridge.  I also grabbed a frozen bag of black beans from the freezer (instead of buying canned, I cook a large batch at a time and then freeze in 2 cup portions.  It's healthier as well as much more economical!)  I then made my sauce mixture in a small container and badabing badaboom, lunch is ready. 

Snack
Apple

Dinner
roasted vegetables w/salmon (serves 2 or 1 very hungry detoxer)
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
1 small zucchini, large cubes
handful of snap peas
1/2 red onion, sliced thickly
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
1 can salmon (or 2 servings of salmon)

  1. Put all the ingredients in a 9 X 13 casserole.
  2. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss.
  3. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, turn, bake 10 more minutes.
I baked these at a high heat so the vegetables would caramelize and turn sweet.  I ate half of the vegetables with half a can of salmon, as I had some in the cupboard, so I added that to the mix before serving.  
This was absolutely delicious.  Each bite with a piece of roasted garlic is like magic!  We should eat like this all the time.  Having a piece of leftover salmon in this mixture would be beautiful!

Snack
I was quite hungry in the evening so I ate the second half of what I made for dinner.








No comments: