Monday, January 14, 2013

Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox - Day 4

Print Friendly and PDF First thing this morning, I went out grocery shopping for some much needed ingredients in order to make my detox a little more interesting.  I got home, put everything away, did some of my veggie chopping, and all of a sudden, it was noon and I hadn't eaten yet! 

brunch

veggie scramble (1 serving)
1 to 2 cups fresh veggies (the more the merrier!)
3 eggs, scrambled
coconut oil for cooking
salt and pepper
salsa (if storebought, find an organic brand that contains no sugar or vinegar) 
  1. Cook veggies until desired consistency in hot, oiled pan.
  2. Add eggs, salt and pepper and scramble until ready.
  3. Enjoy with a nice spoonful of salsa!
My chopped veggie container has all these vegetables, chopped up and ready to cook: 1 medium zucchini, 1 medium red onion, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 7 garlic cloves.  This veggie mixture is really awesome with eggs as well as rice or on their own!

dinner

creole steak with roasted vegetables (2 servings)
2 steaks of choice
olive oil and spices
2 small sweet potatoes, diced 1/2"
2 small white potatoes, diced 1/2"
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/2 fennel bulb, sliced 1/4" strips (fennel has a smell/taste similar to black licorice.  Just slice the bulb lengthwise in 1/2, then slice.
coarse sea salt and pepper
olive oil, for drizzling
  1. Rub a little extra virgin olive oil and spices on steaks.  My very awesome sister Chantal gave me some spice mixtures for Christmas.  One of them is creole spice and it was great on our steaks.  I'm not going to give cooking instructions for steaks, it all depends on thickness, how you like 'em done, so I'll leave the spicing and cooking details out as you can spice it up per your taste and cook it how you like it!  I don't have a barbeque right now, so it was in a cast iron pan on my gas stove, which did a very good job.
  2. Let steak sit until time to cook.
  3. Put all veggies in a cookie sheet, drizzle generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
  4. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, turn.  Bake another 20 minutes.
  5. After you've turned your veggies, start on your steaks.  When your steaks are cooked, put them on a hot plate and cover them with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
  6. Enjoy dinner!



No comments: